Wednesday, May 20, 2009

After 7 months and much anticipation...

...We're all here together in Mexico!

Here's the photo everyone's been waiting to see:

This is actually a screen capture from my parents' computer while they were talking to us on Skype as soon as we got home. Hopefully we'll get a nicer one taken while we're here...

Some photos of Carlos getting to know his son:


Carlos' dad meeting his first grandchild:

Wake up, Daddy!!!

I decided the last straw was when, after postponing our trip due to the "swine flu outbreak" in Mexico, I fell ill with a nasty strain of the flu. Ironically, it's very likely that what hit me was the same swine flu, due to the fact that there were a number of confirmed cases in the schools where I was substituting right before getting sick.

Just when I thought I was recovering, Lucas started showing signs of it. Fortunately, after a check-up at the doctor and lots of Tylenol, he recovered, but we were nervous for awhile. It's always scary to see your child sick, but especially when you know how he's feeling.

After we completed our 7-to-10-day contagious period, I jumped on the very first flight we could get to Mexico.

And here we are. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get a few spare moments to post about some of the things we've been up to. Till then, suffice it to say we are one very happy family!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Im so happy for you, I was in tears remembering how happy we were to finally be together. The feeling doesn't fade. You will appreciate your marriage and being together more than most.

momof1 said...

I love reading your blog, and I'm so happy to finally see photographs of your family reunited...even if only for a short while.

I can only imagine how happy Carlos is to finally be with Lucas. Thank you so much for sharing this moment with us. I especially like the photo when he's giving daddy some love after waking up. Enjoy your time together.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! Feel free to agree, disagree, or provide your own perspective. However, personal attacks will not be tolerated and such comments will be deleted. Also, including the sources for any information you provide is highly encouraged! :)

Sorry, I had to turn on word verification, too much spam. :(