Thursday, August 16, 2007

What Became of the Dress

Perplexed about what to do with my dress after the wedding (storing it in a closet just seemed so useless and not fun at all), I stumbled upon Trash the Dress, a newish trend growing worldwide. Basically, a talented photographer documents the bride frolicking around in her dress doing things you wouldn't ordinarily do in a wedding gown. It's a chance to have worry-free fun with the gown and create some memories at the same time.

By a stroke of wonderful fortune, my talented high school friend Amy Aiello started mentioning plans to do a Trash the Dress shoot. When I found out, I asked her if she would do one with me, and she was glad to spend an entire afternoon/evening with me, my mom, and my dress, having photographic adventures around the downtown Chicago area. The results were awesome, and here are the first shots she's released. See her website, http://www.amyaiellophotography.com for more of her work:







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! Feel free to agree, disagree, or provide your own perspective. However, personal attacks will not be tolerated and such comments will be deleted. Also, including the sources for any information you provide is highly encouraged! :)

Sorry, I had to turn on word verification, too much spam. :(